We are starting Whole30 today, which means yesterday was prep day. The LAST thing we wanted to do after an eventful long holiday weekend was food shop and prep, but it turned out to be a soothing and productive way to launch ourselves into a new week. After making a list of approved foods, we shopped and began cutting and chopping and cooking.
- Green smoothie (recipe here). I added half a packet of vanilla protein powder that was approved and helped keep me full.
- Hot water with lemon
- My new JavaBabe coffee, black. (post to come soon).
- Roasted, unsalted almonds
- Grilled chicken with garlic powder, red pepper flakes, onion powder, and olive oil marinade.
- Roasted red onion, zucchini, carrot, yellow squash, red bell pepper.
- Sweet potato (roasted with olive oil and cayenne), asparagus, pan seared salmon.
Don’t worry, we won’t overload you with our journey, but will be sure to share fun and delicious recipes that surprised us, or satiated us.