You’ve just sent your last email and closed your computer for the day. You put your earbuds in to get pumped up for the gym, and you hit the locker room only to realize you’ve forgotten your socks… or even worse, your sports bra. Forgetting crucial items for your workout is a serious buzzkill and can knock you off track for the day.
Here’s a list of things we always make sure to throw in our gym bags whether we are planning for a morning, midday, or after work work out:
- Workout clothes + sneakers: don’t forget socks! Tuck them into your sneakers so you have easy access.
- Earphones: I usually keep one pair at my desk and one in my bag just in case.
- Water bottle
- Hairbrush + hair elastics – I keep a pouch with extra hair elastics in my bag at all times.
- Dry shampoo: perfect for the midday workout if you don’t have time to shower – Dove is my brand of choice.
- Basic makeup items: concealer, powder, and mascara – bring only the essentials with you.
I tend to keep most of the items in my bag at all times – this way, I only have to pack clean workout clothes, and I’m ready for my next workout. Good luck!
When I entered the “real world” I found myself carrying a work bag stuffed to the max with essentials, gym clothes, lunch, and basically my entire life. It was heavy, unnecessary and honestly exhausting. (Plus I was sick of walking around looking like a crazy bag lady).
A gym bag is pretty subjective, some people are fine not using one, but I found that once I found the right one and started using it – I would never go back. A designated gym bag helps keep you organized and makes the flow of getting to and from the gym easier, keeping you motivated – something we all occasionally need!
After months of looking, I found one that fits my laundry list of absurd and annoying gym-bag criteria:
My thoughts on the Om for all bag: Great bag with plenty of compartments for your un-seeables and sweaty gym clothes, shower shoes, and toiletries. I wish the bag had a cross body strap for days I am feeling lazy – but overall, definitely recommend!