We are one week down for Whole 30, and it has been a challenge. We don’t miss cheese and bagels as much as we thought we would, but it’s been a learning process. If nothing else, this challenge is teaching us to be more aware of the decisions we make regarding food and allowing us to carefully think about what we are putting in our bodies.
With one week down, and the last(?) weekend of 80 degree bikini-wearing weather approaching, here are 5 Whole30 approved foods for flat abs:
1. Apples. Apples are a great source of fiber and also help keep you full. Plus – ’tis the season for apple picking!
2. Dark leafy greens. Here is another amazing in-season option. Dark leafy greens such as kale are a some of the healthiest foods you can eat. They contain fiber which will help to keep you full and regular, and are full of nutrients. Add your greens to salads, stir fry and smoothies!
3. Salmon. Fatty fish such as salmon are a great source of Omega-3 fatty acids which are essential for your health. Salmon promotes fat burning and boosts metabolism. Grill, pan sear, or broil for a delish addition to salads or veggies.
4. Berries. I can’t get enough berries these days. Berries are full of fiber and antioxidants which is pretty key for keeping your abs flat. Add a handful to your smoothie or just have a few as a healthy afternoon snack.
5. Green tea. Green Tea is full of antioxidants which helps boost metabolism. AKA: perfect fat burning drink.
We know there is no magical pill that results in a healthier, fitter, slimmer, better version of you. It takes hard work, good diet, determination, and a whole lot of time and energy. However, when we first read about this 100% all natural “fat burning” coffee that doesn’t promote fat blaster instant fix pills — we couldn’t help but check it out.
Java Babe is not an instant fix when it comes to weight issues. HOWEVER, Java Babe does get your body into a fat burning state the all natural way.
What’s cool about this stuff? Java Babe has a mixture of blended coffee and tea, although the coffee flavor is really all you can taste. The L-Theanine in the Matcha will assist the caffeine and give you a good clean energy burn that helps your body get into a thermogenic state. This is just a sexy way of saying that Java Babe gets your body into a fat burning state all day long. Check out the full list of ingredients (that I swear you can’t taste) here!
Fact or fiction? I can’t feel an inherent difference between my venti black americano from Starbucks and this stuff, but I definitely feel energized, motivated, and LOVE that I am packing 6 super ingredients into my morning routine. What’s not to love about that?
The cute packaging that encourages confidence doesn’t hurt either. Sip away, Boston!
We are starting Whole30 today, which means yesterday was prep day. The LAST thing we wanted to do after an eventful long holiday weekend was food shop and prep, but it turned out to be a soothing and productive way to launch ourselves into a new week. After making a list of approved foods, we shopped and began cutting and chopping and cooking.
- Green smoothie (recipe here). I added half a packet of vanilla protein powder that was approved and helped keep me full.
- Hot water with lemon
- My new JavaBabe coffee, black. (post to come soon).
- Roasted, unsalted almonds
- Grilled chicken with garlic powder, red pepper flakes, onion powder, and olive oil marinade.
- Roasted red onion, zucchini, carrot, yellow squash, red bell pepper.
- Sweet potato (roasted with olive oil and cayenne), asparagus, pan seared salmon.
Don’t worry, we won’t overload you with our journey, but will be sure to share fun and delicious recipes that surprised us, or satiated us.