We are one week down for Whole 30, and it has been a challenge. We don’t miss cheese and bagels as much as we thought we would, but it’s been a learning process. If nothing else, this challenge is teaching us to be more aware of the decisions we make regarding food and allowing us to carefully think about what we are putting in our bodies.
With one week down, and the last(?) weekend of 80 degree bikini-wearing weather approaching, here are 5 Whole30 approved foods for flat abs:
1. Apples. Apples are a great source of fiber and also help keep you full. Plus – ’tis the season for apple picking!
2. Dark leafy greens. Here is another amazing in-season option. Dark leafy greens such as kale are a some of the healthiest foods you can eat. They contain fiber which will help to keep you full and regular, and are full of nutrients. Add your greens to salads, stir fry and smoothies!
3. Salmon. Fatty fish such as salmon are a great source of Omega-3 fatty acids which are essential for your health. Salmon promotes fat burning and boosts metabolism. Grill, pan sear, or broil for a delish addition to salads or veggies.
4. Berries. I can’t get enough berries these days. Berries are full of fiber and antioxidants which is pretty key for keeping your abs flat. Add a handful to your smoothie or just have a few as a healthy afternoon snack.
5. Green tea. Green Tea is full of antioxidants which helps boost metabolism. AKA: perfect fat burning drink.